Friday 24 June 2011

Old Time Radio

I don't know what it is about Oldies on the radio that makes me feel like a 1950's teenager....but I love it.  It makes my whole house feel like it's been transported in a time machine back to the golden days.  My station of choice? ... AM 740 (Toronto).  You can listen live here.  Now - so what if it's advertised for Zoomers (fast moving baby boomers)...and their parents!  I just love listening to "Theatre of the mind" in the evenings....and really most of the shows that are played!

Sometimes the war time songs remind me of my late grandfather...who was a big fan of big band.  And sometimes the rock & roll tunes remind me of my mother - who blasted the oldies every saturday night at our house.

Click, Listen, and Let your house fill with some musical history!
...need to get myself a good old fashioned radio to listen on....

No comments:

Post a Comment