Tuesday 5 July 2011

Dreams of a Retro Kitchen

It has been slightly more than a year since moving into my first house.  I love my house!  It is a 1950's bungalow with a lot of charm.  One of the only things that has needed work is the kitchen.  When my beau and I moved into our house, the kitchen had oak (veneer) cabinets, oak wood paneling and oak floors...and exposed walls were painted dark hunter green.  This room just didn't jive with the funky flare that the rest of the house was evolving into.  So...the budget conscious kids we are, we headed to the paint store.  First was the wall color...including the panels.  We painted it all a bright, cheerful sea blue...wich goes well with our red accents.  next was to paint the cabinets white (which i really wanted something that looked more like this...)

....Not my kitchen.

...Also not my kitchen...

Don't get me wrong...the result is fantastic...we definitely need new cabinets down the road...but it is manageable for now.  But while shopping at South Works outlet mall in Cambridge Ont.  I discovered this company.  Needless to say...I am desperate for one of these amazing appliances!!! But allas...look at the price....I think there is only one conclusion to this dilema...I need to win the lotto!

Before and after Pics of my kitchen to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment